- Rules, selectors, and properties.
- How selectors relate to HTML structure.
- Specificity problems and how to avoid them.
- How to debug specificity wars.
- Block elements vs. inline elements.
- How to center things vertically.
- Margin, padding, and other layout properties.
- All the cool things that can be done with CSS these days.
- How to check for browser compatibility.
- Media queries.
- Non media-query solutions.
Make your project from last week scale down to mobile nicely.
- Advantages and disadvantages of preprocessors generally.
- Features and relative strengths/weaknesses of the most popular preprocessors.
Refactor your solution from the last two weeks to use a preprocessor.
- How to make sure your front-end work is performant.
- Tools for debugging performance issues.
Implement a parallax scroll effect, and make it as performant as you can.
- Atomic, OOCSS, BEM, and other paradigms.
- Overviews of Compass, Bootstrap, and other frameworks.
Extra Credit Challenge
Implement a small CSS framework that allows users to style their typography. Use any approach you like.